Friday, May 02, 2008

WHERE ARE THE "WEEKLY EMAILS"?

There haven't been any lately. There 'isn't any news.' Hard to believe, maybe, in a project this size that there isn't anything worthwhile to communicate, but that's what I've been able to learn.

Originally conceived as a way to help build a sense of the neighborhood/community, information became a trickle, then a drip.

I built this blog to counter what I thought to be poor info management and I believe it can still act as an electronic newspaper for those who care about or have invested in Spanish Oaks. Some must - there have been over 30,000 views of something or other in here to date.

And yes, it also serves as commentary, much like a newspaper has editorials.

We may be at the stage where encouraging your contributions to the blog would result in some added content. To that I say, bring it on - my email address is at the top of the right hand column. However, to be real, my experience in the media tells me that very few participate in anything involving creativity or time.

Ironically, there was a call for the HOA website to contain a forum which I built; however, it's almost never used. See my "However..." immediately above.

I ask that anything you think worthy to contribute be emailed to me, know that I do reserve the right to edit, and please don't send things anonymously. Of course, your option is to wait for the 'weekly' email.

No comments: