Thursday, June 15, 2006

MORE ON WATER - STOP!

I know everyone has heard that the transformer has been fixed, that powered one of the main pumps for the LCRA. The water pressure has come back to our community and we are able to use the water for the many purposes that we need it for. I spoke to LCRA this morning because Clean Scapes wanted to know if they could water our medians again. I was told by LCRA that although we do have water pressure here that there are other communities that still have no water. They said the problem was fixed yesterday afternoon and that it would take a while for the water pressure to build back up enough to reach the farther communities. The have asked us not to use the water for other purposes than necessity. Unfortunately this means no more watering the lawns. I asked them how long it would take for water pressure to restore enough for my residents to water their lawns and do the extra things water is needed for. They told me that the water would take 2-3 more days for the water pressure to build up enough to be able to sustain water flow to the farther communities. I will personally be checking daily with the LCRA to give you uptodate information and let you know as soon as I find out when we will be able to turn the irrigation back on. I made a drive around Spanish Oaks and spoke with several residents that I saw had their sprinklers on and informed them of our current situation. They also asked us to pass along to the residents that the water is still not drinkable and needs to be boiled if it is going to be consumed. I also called HEB as I heard they were handing out drinking water and they said they have plans to continue handing it out as long as the water is not suitable to drink.

If you have any questions what so ever feel free to call the LCRA at: (512) 473-3200

You may also contact me at: (512) 731-1394 and I will try to answer any questions you may have or will find the answers for you.

We would appreciate your cooperation with this matter.

Thank You so very much.
Sgt. Brian Evans
Spanish Oaks Security

No comments: